Tuesday, March 25, 2014

5 months and Time to Ratchet Things Up!

So it has been 5 months since that little surprise we had last January was born!  She is starting to sleep better and I am starting to go back to the gym.  I found out Chuze Fitness, our local $10/month gym, has a circuit room.  Its 10 machines, 10 boxes for box jumps or step ups, and a timer that gives you 1 minute intervals (green light), followed by 30 second intervals (red light) which allow you time to move to the next station.  I went for the first time on Monday, after I noticed that despite breastfeeding my weight loss has completely stalled and I would still like to lose 20-30lbs which are left over from C.

I pulled up my measurements from January 2013 and decided to retake them out of curiosity to see how things have changed. I do prefer measurements to the scale.  I am also not quite sure where to measure chest, so this is under my armpits.
Jan 2013                                                                  May 2014
Bust 39.5                                                                  Bust 41.5 (Hello nursing mama!!)
Chest 36                                                                   Chest 38 (ditto...)
Waist 34                                                                   Waist 32 (that's a nice surprise!)
Hips 42.5 (I died when I saw that)                             Hips 40 (better, but still uggh!)
Thigh 27 (a little more dying inside)                            Thigh 25
Arm 14 (ugggh!)                                                        Arm 13

The circuit room is perfect for me.  I get the best results when I alternate weights and cardio, but when I am standing in the gym, looking around me it is overwhelming.  I often just drift over to an efx machine, go for about 30 minutes, hit one or two machines on my way towards the door and then leave.  The circuit room provides me with a full body workout in 30 minutes!!  It is essentially mindless, which is perfect for me, because in order to make it to the gym I have to be there by 6:30am.  Besides my lack of gym-spiration, I am in no mood to think at 6:30am.  Step 1-20, Red light/Green light is right about the simplicity I need!

My only necessity for tomorrow morning is my iPod!  I was trying to use my S4 and Pandora on Monday and it was not working!  So I was forced to listen to two 50 year old sorority girls talk about their First World Problems for my entire workout.  The poor things husband only gave her $200 for drapes for the guest room, when she clearly needed $1000 and her husband hates grass (even artificial) and doesn't want to take care of it so she doesn't know how to landscape the backyard... Woe is me. Actually, I am probably just jealous that it was 6:45am, both of them had their lulu lemon outfits, blonde extensions in perfect curls and flawless tans, while I had thrown my 2 days unwashed hair into a bun, pulled a "Clean" aka no baby puke shirt off the floor and thrown it on with some paint spattered shorts. Hey, at least I was at the gym!!


No comments:

Post a Comment