Monday, January 28, 2013

Day 2 Aftermath and Day 3

So we got to go visit Oma and Opa over in the Netherlands for C's 1st birthday.  It was incredible.  We didn't tell anyone we were coming and showed up on the doorstep on the Day of Oma's 60th birthday.  Then 1 week later they celebrated C's first birthday with us.  We went to the Blijdorp Zoo, which was amazing even in the snow, and the next day had a small "feest" with the Dutch relatives and friends.  Unfortunately, there is also an 8 hour time difference.  So when we arrived in the Netherlands it took C nearly a week to sleep thru the night.  The way home, 5 days ago now, was better.  She cried the entire first night (and we let her because my husband had do work and I am useless as a parent without a bit of sleep).  Night 2 she slept until 4 am, at which point we were all awake anyway so we got up.  Night 3 and 4 (Days 1 and 2 of Shred) she slept until about 6:30.  I could handle that.  Right now it is 7 and I have yet to hear a peep.

The only problem with all this is, I have gotten myself on this senior citizen routine of falling asleep shortly after I put her down, typically around 8 pm.  The hubby always harassed me about being a grandma.  He is a chef, so once C goes to bed at night, I am the only one home and awake so I typically straighten up and go watch TV in our bedroom until I fall asleep.  Normally that is 10:30-11:00ish.  Not this blue hair time of 8pm I have now adopted.

The one benefit is I wake up early and can do these workouts first thing rather than at naptime, because man oh man it makes me sweaty.

Yesterday, I was sore.  No denying that.  However, it was not the I can't get out of bed or walk up the stairs sore I have on occasion experienced.  For the workout, I only counted three "phone it ins" but I know there must be more.  I was distracted trying to breathe.  By the end of the warm up, I was breathing a little hard (Day 1 I did not experience that).  I had to drop for 2 seconds during one of my push up sets.  They were modified but I did 5 regular first.  I also had to shake out my legs during the squats at one point, but once I got going it went pretty well.  On Day 1 I had to drop my weights and just do my arms for the last 5 to 10 shoulder presses and yesterday I did them all.

I am headed down to do Day 3 before C and the hubby wake up.  I am sore, but its getting better.  If anyone else is doing it, I think Day 2 is a hump day.  You are sore and not yet in the grove.  Find a way to do the workout and move onto Day 3.  After that it will start to become routine.


No comments:

Post a Comment